> FLIGHT CHECK-IN
Passengers are only carried by the Airline if complete and valid travel documents as well as a valid passport ID card/visa are presented when checking in on time.
This also applies to any pets travelling with passengers.
Children and infants must also have the necessary documents – passport/card with a passport format photo
Check-in of passengers starts 2 hours before the flight and ends 40 minutes before scheduled departure.
Choose your seat number at the check – in desk.
> BAGGAGE CHECK-IN
The baggage, covered by the ticket price is up to 25 kg per passenger (including children and infants). An additional charge is payable if the free baggage allowance is exceeded (€3,- / kg). Buggies, baby seats (properly packed), are transported free of charge in our baggage compartments . Each piece of baggage must have a label, bearing the passenger’s name and address.
Passengers share responsibility for ensuring, that their checked baggage, as well as all items contained therein, will not get damaged during transportation.
> HAND BAGGAGE
rules for hand luggage (pdf-download).
Passengers are only allowed to take small quantities of liquids e.g. toiletries and cosmetics, in their hand luggage:
- These liquids must be in separate containers with a maximum capacity of 100 milliliters
- Passengers must pack these containers in one transparent, resealable plastic bag of not more than one litter capacity per passenger.
- This resealable bag must be presented separately at the security screening check point.
- Medicines and special dietary requirements, including baby food for use during the flight are allowed, but passengers may be asked to prove its necessity.
Please consider that if you are travelling on a flight with a following transfer flight departing from an EU airport you may only take liquids on board of your transfer flight, if you have bought them at the duty free shops at EU airports or on board of an EU-airline, e.g. on a Bulgarian Air Charter flight, may be carried in a special sealed bag with a receipt of purchase for the same day. The bag is sealed at the point of purchase.
Bulgarian Air Charter kindly requests its passengers when planning their trip to consider these legal constraints and reduce their hand luggage to the essentials. Please consider also that due to extensive security checks at EU airports waiting time may be prolonged.
Pack your electronic cigarettes in your hand baggage
Electronic cigarettes/ e-cigarettes (including battery) may only be transported in your hand baggage. Transportation in checked baggage is not permitted. Please note however that smoking (including e-cigarettes) is forbidden on board.
> DANGEROUS GOODS
Per the requirements of IATA it is forbidden to take dangerous goods on board the aircraft. Dangerous goods are deemed to be:
- Any types of engines, including also outboard ones (except el. engines)
- Document cases and additionally coded briefcases with incorporated alarm systems, Lithium batteries and pyrotechnical materials
- Explosives, fireworks, torches, light and fume signalling items
- Gas containers (for flammable and non-flammable, deep frozen, liquidized or poisonous gases) for example for domestic purposes gas, filled in pressurized bottles
- Containers with easily flammable liquids, for example gasoline for cigarette lighters or for clean up, heating liquids, detergents, thinners, varnishes, glues
- Flammable and other easily flammable solid materials, such as matches, substances, self-igniting upon contacting water, self-igniting gases
- Oxidizing substances, for example bleaching powders, super oxide
- Poisonous or asphyxiating substances, for example mercury, bacterial or virus samples
- Radioactive materials
- Materials causing inflammations such as acids
- Magnetized materials
> SPORTIVE WEAPONS
Our clients may well take with them their sportive and hunting weapons. These weapons are subject to the following precautionary (security) measures, which must be absolutely complied with:
- Weapons or other items, which can serve as such are allowed for check-in only as baggage to be transported in the baggage compartment of the aircraft.
- The weapons or other items, which can be used as such, must be packed and secured against break and tear (in their original vendor’s packing)
- The fire arms should not be loaded.
- It is forbidden to take fire arms munitions in the passenger cabin
- The maximum quantity of munitions allowed for air transport is 5 kg per passenger, loaded in the baggage compartment of the aircraft
- This excludes munitions with exploding or fire-causing shell
The munitions must be packed securely in boxes or cartons.
> BAGGAGE LOSS OR DAMAGE
We assure you we have taken all measures which are not beyond our control for the security of your baggage. If anyway there happens to be damage or loss of a piece of baggage, you should contact the “Lost and Found” immediately upon your arrival at the respective airport. Protocol for damages shall be duly filled in there. In case of a problem with their luggage, passengers must present their travel documents within 7 days. We put every possible effort the baggage to be found and delivered to the passenger concerned.
> IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
- Each baggage, including the hand baggage, must have a label, bearing the passenger’s name and address
- You are advised to take the important documents, valuable items and medications in your hand baggage.
- All baggage will be screened. Firearms, sharp or dangerous goods, dangerous fluids (including lighters, such as Zippo) are not allowed to be carried. This is valid for hand baggage as well as for checked-in baggage. Please take into consideration that your baggage might be checked by hand.
> PASSENGER RIGHTS
- In case you are denied boarding, the flight is cancelled or there are at least two hours delay of the flight you have valid reservation for, the airline, via its representatives or ground handling agents, will provide each passenger with the relevant information. Also will inform all passengers about their rights for compensation depending on the flight distance and will ensure eligible assistance in line with Regulation/EC/ No 261/2004.
- More information and EU member states bodies responsible to control the compliance with regulation No 261/2004 could be found on:http://apr.europa.eu/EC form of complaint could be found on:
> AIRLINE LIABILITY FOR CARRIAGE OF BAGGAGE
In general, you are responsible for your carry-on baggage and personal belongings. The liability of airlines is regulated by law. We highly recommend that you purchase a baggage insurance before the trip and if possible to pack your baggage using the packing machines at the respective airports.
Passengers are advised not to carry any fragile or perishable items, items of special value, e.g. money, jewellery, precious metals, precious stones, laptops, cameras, mobile telephones or other electronic devices, securities (share certificates etc.) or other valuables or documents, samples, identification documents, house keys, medications or liquids in their checked baggage. Passengers are again advised to take the above mentioned items in hand luggage. Should your checked baggage contain any of the items listed in this paragraph, the airline will not be responsible for any loss, destruction, delay and damage to such items. Some airports may have further restrictions on carry-on items. In such cases the airport’s regulations prevail.
Please observe that you should report loss or damage of your baggage immediately at the airport. You can also report the loss or damage in writing later, within the legal notification deadlines. In that case you must prove that the irregularity occurred during your flight.
> TRANSPORTATION OF SPORT EQUIPMENT
Our passengers are granted the comfort to indulge in their favorite sports hobbies during their vacation time. We offer the possibility to each passenger to transport for free one set of the sport equipment, listed herein below /maximum weight of 20 kg./ along all the destinations of our airline, both for outgoing and return flight. Each subsequent sport equipment/piece/ shall be charged in compliance with the currently effective tariff – €3 / kg.
|Sport equipment||Notes||Fee||Prior Registration|
|Golf equipment||properly packed||no charge||Yes|
|Bicycles||packed in carton/ suitcase||no charge||Yes|
|Diving equipment||without oxygen bottles Diving lamps are classified as “dangerous goods” and must be carried as hand-baggage||no charge||Yes|
|Sailboard||properly packed||no charge||Yes|
|Surfboard||in proper cover, Finn removed||no charge||Yes|
|Sky diving equipment||properly packed, max. length 3,5 m||no charge||Yes|
|Para glider||packed in transport bag||no charge||Yes|
|properly packed||no charge||Yes|
|Foldable boats||in parts only and properly packed – other boats will not be carried||no charge||Yes|
|Fun- or body-boards||packed, max. weight 3 kgs||no charge||No|
|Kickboards||properly packed||no charge||No|
> TRANSPORTATION OF ANIMALS/PETS
- If you are flying with your pet, please make sure to observe and comply with the requirements for the health status of the pet and presenting the required documents to the border and customs authorities.
- Dogs and cats of weight up to 8 kg (bag included) may be transported in the passenger cabin.
- Allowing only a limited number of small pets is to the interest of all passengers on board. The pet must be placed in a leak-proof container, put on the ground during the entire flight. The container of maximum dimensions 55/40/23 cm must be bought from the specialized stores. In order to ensure the necessary comfort to the pet there must be a possibility to lock it and it should prevent from littering.
- Birds, rabbits, hamsters or guinea pigs unfortunately cannot be transported together with the passengers on board the aircraft. They are transported in safe boxes/cages in the cargo compartments of the aircraft. The containers for animal transportation can be bought from the pet stores. We recommend, the containers to be purchased several days prior to the flight so that the animal is given the possibility to get used to its new surroundings and prevent it from the unnecessary stress during the trip.
Pets Notes Fee Prior Registration PETC/ Cabin
Dogs and cats up to 8 kgs (incl. box)
in a proper “animal-box”, not to exceed 55 x 40 x 23 cm – suitable for transportation of animals (with ventilation, waterproof, lockable) no charge Yes
Passengers may carry one PETC or AVIH only.
“Animal-boxes” suitable for the transport of the animal will not be supplied by Bulgarian Air Charter. You may obtain these in qualified pet-shops.
Registration should be made with our representative office in Berlin. Fax-No: +49-30-884878-18 or email: email@example.com from Monday-Friday during office hours (09.00-18.00). Latest registration 2 days prior the flight until 11.00 am.
> SERVICES TO DISABLED PASSENGERS
- For the passengers with reduced mobility we reserve seats, which facilitate their take on and off the aircraft, as well as their comfort during the flight. Booking these seats, and the seats of the accompanying persons is made without any additional charge.
- Children and disabled passengers are not checked in the emergency exit areas.
- Families with children below 2 years (babies) are checked-in in rows 1-5.
- The personal wheelchair of the passenger is transported without adding it to the weight of the checked-in baggage. The passengers with wheelchairs are checked-in as all other passengers up to 90 minutes before departure at the check-in. Most of the airports offer them preferences while boarding.
- Electric wheelchairs with dry batteries are transported, only provided that:
- The connecting cable is disconnected from the battery
- The battery poles are isolated
- The battery is permanently installed on the wheelchair
- Electric wheelchairs with liquid batteries are not transported on board the aircraft for security reasons.
- A basic requirement for transportation of disabled passengers with hospital stretcher is to have Medical Clearance for Airworthiness (MEDA) by a consultant doctor and availability of required seat capacity (depending on the type of aircraft from 6 to 9 seats).
- In principle the request for the medical stretcher should be made by the travel organization, insurance company, etc.
- During the last four weeks of pregnancy (the rule is from the 35th week on), pregnant women ought not to travel by air. Prior to that term there are no special requirements or constraints.
- Anyhow, we recommend consulting your doctor prior to the flight.
> CARRIAGE OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PERSONS "UM"
To avoid damage to health, we recommend that newborn infants under 14 days old are not carried on flights.
Children below 2 years (babies) travel on the lap of their parent/guardian or person accompanying them. They are not entitled to their own seat.
Children between the ages of 5 and 12 may be carried by the Airline without a person accompanying them provided that the Airline is notified in advance and the carriage of unaccompanied minors (UM) is confirmed by the Airline.
Children between the ages of 5 and 12 are also deemed to be unaccompanied if the person accompanying them is under the age of 16.
The name of the person collecting/looking after the child at the destination airport must be given at the check-in desk.
The parent/guardian or person looking after the child must wait at the airport until the departure of the aircraft.
> CUSTOMS RESTRICTIONS
Upon crossing the state border, the passengers may import or export items that are not of commercial nature regarding their type, quantity or value. This does not include the items the passengers carry for their personal use or consumption.
FOR PASSENGERS TRAVELLING TO/FROM EU COUNTRIES
Pursuant to Regulation (EC) No. 1889/2005 of the European Parliament and the current Bulgarian legislation:
- Upon entering or leaving the territory of the EU, individuals carrying 10,000 (or the equivalent in BGN or other currency) or more EUR cash, must declare this amount before the customs authorities.
- Upon entering a non-EU country, individuals carrying 30,000 (or the equivalent in other currency) or more BGN cash, must provide a document from the National Revenue Agency that they do not owe any taxes and they must verify the origin of the money.
- All local or foreign individuals can import free-of-charge:
- Jewelry and accessories made of gold and platinum – up to 60g
- Jewelry and accessories made of silver – up to 300g
- Gold ingots and gold coins – up to 37g
FOR PASSENGERS TRAVELLING TO/FROM NON-EU COUNTRIES
Pursuant to Regulation 918/83 of the EEC, passengers arriving from non-EU countries do not declare imported items of a total value of up to 430 EUR that are not of commercial nature.
Each passenger over 17 years of age is entitled to duty-free import of the following items and up to the listed quantities for personal use:
- Tobacco products
- 200 cigarettes
- 100 cigarillos
- 50 cigars
- 250g of tobacco
- Alcoholic drinks:
- alcoholic drinks of more than 22% alc/vol – a total of 1 Litre
- alcoholic drinks of less than 22% alc/vol – a total of 2 Litres
– a total of 4 Litres of non-sparkling wine
– 16 Litres of beer.
Each combination of tobacco products, alcohol and alcoholic beverages for each passenger, excluding non-sparkling wine and beer, cannot exceed 100% of the total percentages of each accepted amount.
For drugs, the quantities must match the personal needs, and the passengers should keep their customs declarations until the next border crossing.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO PROHIBITION, RESTRICTIONS OR SPECIFIC CONTROL:
- weapons, ammunitions, and explosives
- strong or poisonous substances
- drugs, narcotics, or psychotropic substances
- protected species of animals or plants, according to the Washington Convention
- items of historical, archaeological or art value
The import of products of animal origin, unless they have been presented for veterinary inspection by a border inspection post, is banned for the countries of the European Community. This is related to the threat of foot-and-mouth disease and other infectious diseases of livestock. For more information, see Regulation of 01 May 2009 of the European Commission.
For the latest customs information, please refer to the relevant authorities.
Currency and exchange laws
The currency of the Republic of Bulgaria is the Bulgarian lev (BGN).
1 lev = 100 stotinki
1 BGN = 0.51 EUR
Bulgarian Air Charter / All rights reserved 2017 ©